Family talent show is fun, low-cost activity. Talent shows are fun ways for kids and families to express themselves creatively. Family members can choose to showcase anything that they are especially proud of. These group ideas will have the whole family cheering or laughing by the night’s end. This activity is perfect for family gatherings.
Ask each family member to present a talent to the whole group. Even people who think they don’t have any talents should be able to come up with something.
Here are some ideas to get you started
- Sing a song
- Do a theatrical reading
- Hold a Puppet Show
- Recit a poem from memory
- Wow Them With Magic Tricks
- show off an athletic Talent
- Perform a skit with one or more family members
- Prepare Fancy Foods: create something delicious for your family.
- Playing an instrument
- Brush up on Ventriloquist Skills
- Display Some Art: create a gallery of your favorite drawings and projects.
- dance (alone or with a partner).
- Build Something From Legos
When it comes to talent show act options, the possibilities are endless.
Quick tip: this is one of the best family reunion activities to record with a video camera and watch at future reunions.
Preparing for the Family Talent show
- Encourage your child to explore their different talents. Music, magic, and dance are always a great choice for an act.
- Everyone, including the children, needs to take things seriously. Why not prepare a schedule with everyone’s running order to make the show official.
- Create a practice schedule. Practice builds confidence.
- Using a judging metric helps to ensure fairness throughout the competition while teaching kids exactly what they need to improve on.
- Include an Intermission with a snack break.
- Prepare small awards and diplomas to reward each participant.
- Set up the stage as if it were a big show in your living room or backyard. Don’t hesitate to install decorations, balloons, posters as for an official show.
Tips for Hosting a Family Talent Show
Allow time for the children to prepare their show. This will show them the importance of working towards their goals.
Above all, have fun! This is about having fun as a family, bonding, getting to know each other better and even learning new skills. The important thing is the time spent together, not the victory.
Everyone will come out a winner if at the end of the day, you had fun and were able to show off your skills to the people you love. Talent shows are supposed to be fun experiences, so take the pressure off and make fun the top priority.
The educational advantages of the game
- help boost the self-esteem
- have fun
- developing a strong bond with the family
- it’s a sure-fire method to put their minds to work
- develop the children’s skills.
- engage them into trying new and exciting ventures
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!