Sometimes known as Five Dollars or Jackpot, 500 is a ball game that can be played with a variety of rules and differents kinds of balls. This outdoor game will not only allow children to let off steam but also to do a little math review at the same time.
- number of players: from 5 children
- age: from 5 years old
- supplies: kickball or football
- Played outdoors
- Duration: 20 min
How to play 500 with a ball ?
Select one volunteer to be the kicker (or thrower) for the first round. The kicker will then stand on one side of the play area with all the other children spread out on the other end of the play area. The kicker then yells out a number between 50 and 500 right before kicking the ball into the air above the group of children. Whoever catches the ball gets the number of points shouted out by the kicker. Once a child reaches 500 points, he becomes the new kicker and the game starts over. If the ball hits the ground first, no points are given.
This game is fun for family reunions, multigenerational vacations and other celebrations.
Shouting out even numbers such as 100, 200 or 300 make keeping track of score a lot easier. However, older kids may enjoy other numbers like 25 or 500!
The educational advantages of the ball game called 500
- your kid develops gross motor skills
- Kids have fun
- helps kids stay fit
- this game increases math skills
- children learn to work together on a team and this game helps them build strong relationships.
- helps children build better coordination and balance
- learning and listening to the rules of the game.
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!