Candy cane hunt.
It requires very little material and the children love to go in search of little hidden treasures. All you need is lots of candy canes.
- number of players: from 2 children
- age: from 3 years old
- material: candy canes
- Played indoors or outdoors
How to do a candy cane hunt?
So set up a scavenger hunt with candy canes.
This is the simplest version of the game. All you have to do is hide candy canes inside the house or in the garden. When you have hidden all the candies, then it’s time to start the game. At the starting signal, the children will have to go in search of the candy canes and bring back as many as possible.
Whoever brings back the most candy canes wins.
You can adapt this game according to the number and age of the children.
- You can assign a color to each child. The child will only have to find the candy canes with the color assigned to them.
- You can make a list of colors on a sheet of paper: the children will have to bring one candy cane of each color on their list.
- Choose different sizes of candy canes: the smaller ones will be harder to find than the larger ones. Give the children a number of different sizes of candy canes to find.
- Give the children a allotted time: older children will have less time to find the candy canes than smaller children.
This game will be a lot of fun for the children. Provide a prize for the big winner and let the children leave with the candy canes they found.
The educational advantages of the game:
- learning the rules
- play in a community
- critical thinking skills
- develop the sense of observation
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!