Matching Card Hunt is a fun activity for your kids. A great activity for small groups that gets them moving and is slightly competitive. The advantage of this game is that it can be used in many different ways, for family games, children’s parties or for fun activities in class. A treasure hunt is a fun and satisfying experience for children of all ages.
- Number of players: from 4 children
- Ages: from 5 years old
- Supplies: matching cards
- Played indoors or outdoors
- Play time: about 25 min
Matching Card Hunt rules
This game combines the elements of treasure hunt and puzzle hunt games by making the players search for a matching card.
If there are many children, you can choose to have them play in teams.
Make sets of matching pictures. Hide half of the cards around the play area and distribute the rest to the players. Each player must get at least two cards. Let them search and find their matching cards. Reward them with small prizes when they get all the matching cards. The first child to find all his cards wins the game.
Throughout the activity players will locate cards that are not the one they are looking for. When a player locates such a card they should return it to its hiding spot and continue on.
Variants of the game
– For younger children, they will have to find the same cards as those given to them.
– For older children, the cards can be made in matching themes. For example, you can make pairs like Tom and Jerry, Timon and Pumba, etc. If the kid gets a Tom card, he has to find the Jerry card.
– Give the cards to the children one by one. As soon as the player finds the hidden card that matches their card they return both cards and receive a new card and continue the treasure hunt. The child who has found the most cards at the end of the game wins the game.
– You can adapt the game to the age of the children.
You can also imagine separating the cards in different ways, for example:
- putting operations on one side and the results to be found…
- make matching cards with synonyms
- prepare cards with countries to hand out to the children and have them find the capitals…
The educational advantages of the Matching Card Hunt game
- generate fun atmosphere
- build relationships and improves team cohesion
- develop gross motor skills
- allow you to work on the sense of observation
- improve a number of cognitive abilities like visual memory, short term memory, and pattern recognition.
- help to classify objects that are grouped by similar traits.
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!