Drawing in the sand is a fun beach game for the whole family. Beach vacations can be wonderful family getaways if you are well prepared. Of course, sand and water are a combination that invites free play and will trigger most children’s imaginations to create fabulous, undirected games and activities.
Goal of the game:
We draw on the sand the strangest being possible. You can use a shovel, a rake or simply your fingers to draw the picture in the sand. You can use treasures collected on the beach to make your drawing. Sand is an excellent tool that offers children hours of fun and learning.
- number of players: from 2 players
- age: from 5 years old
- supplies: shovel, treasures found on the beach, or only your fingers…
- Played outdoor
- Duration: 15 min
How to play Drawing in the sand?
- Choose an area of wet sand. Draw lots to determine the order in which the following people will draw.
- The first drawer draws a part of an imaginary being, indicating its psychological profile. For example, “it is an extremely dangerous being that only comes out at night”…
- The other players then add another part to the drawing (ears, legs, belly, tail,…) and explain their addition. For example, “He has giant ears that allow him to hear all the noises…”.
- At the end of the game (you can stop whenever you want), a picture of the drawn creature will make a good souvenir.
The educational advantages of the game
- development of fine motor skills
- sand play is very tacile and helps children learn about textures
- Sensory-development of the sense of touch
- hand-eye coordination
- socialization: encourages children to communicate, work together, share, be creative and witness other children being creative
- language development
- creativity skill-building : promotes imagination
- learning and listening to the rules of the games
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!