Head and Shoulders Number game is a fun activity based on the same principle as the game of the Telephone game, but the message, or more precisely the number to be transmitted, will be passed in the form of gestures. It is a game that is played in a calm environment, which allows the pressure to drop a little.
It can be played indors or outdoors in pretty much any condition.
- Number of players: from 6 children
- Ages: from 6 years old
- Supplies: none
- Played indoors or outdoors
- Play time: 10-15 min
How to play the Head and Shoulders Number game?
The goal of the game is to transmit a number by tapping the head and shoulders. The players stand in a single file (sitting or standing). The leader stands at the back of the line so that he or she can see the back of the last player in the line. A number will be transmitted silently from the back to the front, only by a series of taps.
Example: 123 is the number to be passed. Start with the left shoulder, tap once. Then tap twice on the head and finally tap 3 times on the right shoulder. The player who has just recorded the chosen number transmits it in the same way to the child in front of him who has his back to him and so on. The last child to receive the message (the one at the front of the line) then says it out loud. If the number is correct, then the team has won.
- The more players, the more interesting the game. If there are more than ten players, two teams can be formed in parallel with the same number of players. In this case, speed is then added to the game…. The first team whose child at the head of the line says the right number wins the game.
- For 3-5 year olds: For the youngest children, the goal will be just to transmit the same sign. If the first one taps his head, everyone else has to do the same. At the end of the line, we check that the sign of arrival is the same as at the beginning.
The educational advantages of the Head and Shoulders Number game
- generates fun atmosphere
- knowledge of numbers (units, tens, hundreds…)
- improves relationships and team cohesion
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!