Snowball and Spoon Relay Race is the Holiday version of the Egg and Spoon race. This Christmas game is perfect for any holiday party! This is an indoor Christmas game because here snowballs are actually replaced by simple cotton balls. While everyone loves Christmas, it’s really a holiday designed for kids. And nothing makes this holiday more fun than Christmas games and activities designed especially for them to set up while waiting for Christmas or the big day. This game is ideal for a children’s party, but also for a family game or to liven up the Christmas party.
Looking for a quick Christmas activity for kids? This game is perfect for Christmas parties and events with kids of all ages.
- Number of players: from 6 children
- Ages: from 5 years old
- Supplies: containers, spoons and cotton balls (or cotillion balls)
- Played indoors
- Play time: 10-15 min
How to play the Snowball Relay Race?
Prepare the cotton balls in advance. You will need to define a starting line and a finish line. Between these two lines, you may or may not place obstacles to make the course more difficult. This is to be adapted according to the age of the children.
The children will be divided into 2 teams. Next to the start line, place a container with the cotton balls and place an empty container on a small table next to the finish line. Distribute a spoon to each team.
This is a relay game, so it’s all about speed. The goal is to move as many cotton balls as possible from the full container to the empty container. Tell the children that they have 5 minutes on the clock to move as many snowballs as possible.
The first child in each team starts by placing a cotton ball in his spoon and must get to the finish line as quickly as possible (by passing through the obstacles if you have chosen to put them there). He then places his cotton ball in the empty container and returns as quickly as possible to give the spoon in the hand of the next player in his team so that he too can complete the same route and so on.
If the cotton ball falls off the spoon, you have 5 possibilities:
- either the child starts over from the beginning - or the child simply picks up the cotton ball and puts it back in the spoon before continuing the course. - or the cotton ball stays on the ground and the child passes his turn and returns to the tail. - or you remove one cotton ball from the final score as a penalty - or the opposing team gets an extra 20 seconds of play time.
When the time is up, simply count the cotton balls in each container. The team that has collected the most cotton balls wins the game. You can make a second round either by keeping the same teams or by changing them.
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- promotes skills like focus and balance
- improves relationships and team cohesion
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!