If you need to entertain children at the beach, and want to have a great time with your family, Musical Towels is the perfect solution. Beach games and activities for kids are such a fun way to spend a wholesome vacation.
- number of players: from 5 children
- ages: from 6 years old
- materials: music, towels
- Played outdoors
- Play time: 15 min
Musical Towels rules
Musical Towels is nothing short of fun for the younger kids. The game is a twist on the kindergarten classic musical chairs and your kids will love playing. Just arrange the towels in a circle, play some music, cut it off and see who scrambles to get a seat. The person left standing (and without a towel) is out and this keeps happening until only one towel and one winner remains.
We use music from cell phones for this game. It offers up a chance to turn on and off the music without someone being able to predict when the music goes off as we just tap the gadget. When using a radio unit, we noticed the kids were watching the radio more than playing the game.
- As jumping up and down from the sand might be a bit much for the older folks, this a perfect adult game using lawn chairs.
- Remove one towel after each round but keep everyone in the game. The challenge then is to get every player seated on a diminishing number of chairs. In other words, they have to share towels.
The educational advantages of Musical Towels
- generates fun atmosphere
- develops strategic thinking
- Improve Gross Motor Skills
- self-expression: Free dancing offers children the opportunity to express their emotions
- listening skills
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!