The “Pin the Nose on the Reindeer” game is a fun version of the “Pin the tail on the donkey” game that kids will love! Looking for a quick Christmas activity for kids? This game is perfect for Christmas parties and events with kids of all ages. Pin the nose on the reindeer or even pin the carrot on the snowman are easy games that most kids know how to play and have had fun with. It is quick to do and kids will have a lot of fun playing it.
It is played inside because at Christmas time it is very cold outside.
- Number of players: from 4 children
- Ages: from 5 years old
- Supplies: Poster board, markers for drawing, construction paper and craft supplies to cut out the noses and create the reindeer head.
- Played indoors
- Play time: 10-30 min
Game Preparation: Pin the Nose on the Reindeer
- Draw or buy a picture of Rudolph or another reindeer. If you are drawing, we recommend that you use a piece of poster board that is about 30 centimeters in size. Leave the nose area blank. If you are using red noses to represent Rudolph, you can use a black nose as a target.
- Cut out black or red circles to represent the noses.
- Before playing, it is helpful to number the noses or write the child’s name on the back to see who has pinned which nose.
- Before the players’ turn, add sticky paste or tape to the back of the nose so that it sticks to the reindeer.
- Hang the reindeer picture on a wall and have the nose just above the shoulder height of an average child.
How to play “Pin the nose on the reindeer”?
- Explain the game to the children.
- Then show them the reindeer. Tell the children that they will have the opportunity to pin the reindeer’s nose one at a time and that the player whose nose is closest to the reindeer’s wins.
- This may seem easy at first, but it’s not. The children will be blindfolded for this task and will have to turn around several times before they complete it. This will make it more difficult for them to find their way around the room… The other children can yell to tell them which direction to go.
- Ask the first child to introduce himself. Tape the back of a nose well, and write his name or a number on it before handing it to the player. Blindfold the child and start the game when the child is ready.
- Spin him around 2 or 3 times and point him in the direction of the reindeer. (This can be done by the adult or the other children).
- As they approach the reindeer, tell them to stop and walk slowly to the sign. There they should reach out and try to position the reindeer’s nose as close to their area as possible…
- Once the children have pinned the reindeer’s nose, they can step back and remove the blindfold to see what they have done.
- Continue this process until all players have passed.
- Then assess which nose is closest to the center and determine a winner. If there appears to be a tie, you can have a final round between the finalists.
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- promotes skills like focus and listening
- builds relationships and improves team cohesion
- works on balance
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!