The Balloon Toss Game is perfect for small groups of kids, and even better if they’re a little bit shy at first. All you need for this activity is a package of large balloons and, after all, who doesn’t like balloons? This is an ideal Icebreaker game to play indoors with kids at a party or students at school.
- number of players: from 5 children
- age: from 5 years old
- supplies: package of large balloons
- Played indoors
- Duration: 10 min
How to play the Balloon Toss game ?
Here’s how to play: The moderator has the kids stand in a circle. The moderator tosses a balloon to one child and elicits a question, an answer, or whatever, from that child. So, if the moderator asks “What’s your name?” Then the child must be able to tap the balloon in the air by responding S1: “My name’s Peter. What’s your name?” Then, the next player answer: “My name’s Jenny. What’s your name?” and throws the balloon to another child. The activity continues until all (or most) of the kids in the circle has an opportunity to respond and tap the balloon, at which time the moderator can introduce a new question, for example “How old are you?” and the students must answer: “I’m 8 years old. How old are you?” and so on.
Note: This is a terrific icebreaker game, especially if there are new faces at the party.
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- Prepare students for collaborative group work
- Facilitates the getting-acquainted process and enhances honest communication
- Help to create a relaxed environment where students share ideas and participate more fully in the class.
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!