The Spooky Walk Halloween party game
This Halloween Spooky Walk party game’s twist on musical chairs eliminates all the pushing and running. When the music stops, the kids rush to Halloween images you’ve placed on the floor. Pull an image from a hat. The child standing on that image is out of the game. Add a dose of holiday fun to your spooky gatherings with all our Halloween games.
- Number of players: from 5 children
- Ages: from 5 years old
- Materials: Cut out pictures, protective plastic sleeves (if placing on the floor), craft supplies, music.
- Played indoors
- Play time: 25 min
The Spooky Walk game set-up
A musical chairs type game but without the running and pushing. A fun and random game that the kids will want to play several times.
- Cut out pumpkins, witches, ghosts, brooms, scarecrows and other Halloween symbols. You’ll need 1 item per child attending.
- Take images and place around the table or in a circle on the floor. If placed on the floor, use protective plastic sleeves so that the image does not rip if stepped on.
- On slips of paper, write down one image per slip, do this for each image, and place into a bowl.
The Halloween Spooky Walk game rules
- Set up the images on the table or floor and ask the kids to stand next to an image.
- Let them know that when the music starts they will walk around the circle and when the music stops, they have to stop at the image they are at, standing beside it. Note there can only be one person at each image.
- Then from a hat or jar, draw out the name of one of images, like pumpkin.
- The person stands to the pumpkin image is now out of the game and the image is removed from the circle.
- Repeat this process until there is only one child left who will be the winner. Set up and play again !
The educational advantages of the game
- this game generates fun atmosphere
- it promotes rule-following: ability to follow instructions.
- The game speeds up reaction time.
- Teaches kids to listen and pay attention.
- develops listening skills
- It is a great way to develop your child’s concentration and focus
- gross motor skills
- helps kids expend some of their energy.
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!