Tour guide party game
Tour guide is a great party game. It is quite simple to set up and is suitable for children of all ages because it is easy to adapt the course. Perfect to be played outdoors, it will be possible to set it up indoors by adapting the place where the game takes place and if the space is big enough.
- Number of players: unlimited, played in pairs (but some children be paired twice for uneven number).
- Ages: 5+
- Materials: a blindfold for each pair, any obstacles, a goal line.
- Played indoors or outdoors
- Play time: 15 min
How to play the Tour Guide party game
The children are paired up and one child is blindfolded. The other child is the tour guide and has to guide the blindfolded child to the goal line using their voice. If the children are younger, you could have them guide with touch as well. After the first child gets to the goal line, then they switch places and the guide becomes the guided. If you do not have much space, you could have each pair go one at a time. If it is a nice day, you could also have them play outside and create their own paths.
For older children, you can create a course with obstacles and the guide will have to make the blind child go through all the steps of this course. Adapt the number of obstacles and their difficulty according to the age of the participants.
Don’t hesitate to provide small prizes for each team to congratulate them on their achievement.
After the game, you could have them which parts were the harder or which parts they liked the best.
The educational advantages of the game
- This game is great for helping children develop a feeling of their position in space.
- Kids also build a sense of direction.
- wonderful platform for teaching children about teamwork and cooperation.
- children will build gross motor skills
- Auditory Perception and Listening Skills
- Play in community: social activity
- Promote rule-following: ability to follow instructions.
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!