Fun and easy to play, Charades is a game that will cheer up your party or family gathering. Charades is a word guessing game where one player has to act out a word or action without speaking and the other players have to guess what the action is. It is a very simple game that can be played outdoors as well as indoors.
- number of players: at least 4
- ages: from 5 years old
- materials: a list of actions, objects or characters to act out.
- Played indoors or outdoors
- Play time: 20 min
How to play Charades?
Another classic party game that is quite popular with party goers. Select a volunteer to come up in front of the group. All other children will need to be sitting so they can see the volunteer. Secretly show the action/ character to the volunteer or if they cannot read, whisper it to them quietly. The selected player has to act it out using only signs until the other children can guess who or what it is. The others need to guess the clue within the given time. Whichever child guesses correctly gets to be the actor for the next round.
Usually the clue is the name of a person or object.
- Can be played in teams and groups.
- When played in teams, a specific number of rounds can be set. Scores are kept for each team. At the end of the final round, the team with the highest score wins.
- Small children can play as a group where one player acts out and the one who guesses the answer first become the next actor. Another way is to draw names to ensure the participation of all the kids.
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- builds relationships and improves team cohesion
- Promotes rule-following: ability to follow instructions.
- develop the sense of observation
- it is an effective way of encouraging students to develop their acting skills in terms of body language
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!