The pinata game is a great party activity for kids of all ages! Pinatas come in all shapes, themes and sizes, so it should be easy to find one at your local party store or online. It can’t get any more classic with this super fun game that adds the right amount of excitement and laughter to any party. While this activity is best done outdoors because it requires space, it will still be possible to make this game indoors if you are careful about placement.
- number of players: at least 4
- ages: from 3 years old
- materials: a pinata, a stick and a blindfold
- Played indoors or outdoors
- Play time: 30 min
How to play the Pinata game at a party?
In the traditional pinata game, an animal figure, made out of cardboard and tissue paper and filled with candies or other prizes, is hung from a tree or ceiling.
Players are blindfolded and given a stick.
If the player is older than 3 years of age, blindfold them and spin them around a few times so they lose their sense of direction.
The kids have to hit the pinata three times with all their strength. The other players can shout to count the swings and give clues about the position of the piñata. When a player has finished his or her turn, he or she hands the blindfold to the next person.
Then, another kid is given the turn to hit. Finally the piñata will burst open and the kids will scramble to collect the prizes that have fallen to the ground.
- Pinatas can be made to match the theme of the party or look like cartoon characters or fairy tale figures.
- Instead of hitting with a stick, ribbons can be hung from the piñata. Only one ribbon when pulled will open the pinata and release the prizes. Kids take turn to pull the ribbons.
- To make the game even more fun, swing the pinata up and down, and tell guests to misdirect the hitter.
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- encourages team work.
- Promotes rule-following: ability to follow instructions.
- develops the senses
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!