Two Truths and a Lie is an easy ice breaker game, and you won’t need any materials – just a group of people. Here’s an easy-to-play game that’s perfect for getting to know others better. If you’re looking for a fun game to play with friends, family or people you’ve just met, Two Truths and a Lie is a great choice. Learn the rules of this classic game that can be played with family, friends or at school, and requires no equipment. Plus, we’ve got some ideas for different themes: your childhood, your family, food, your successes or failures, your hidden talents and more!This is an ideal Icebreaker game to play indoors with kids at a party or students at school.
- number of players: from 4 children
- age: all ages
- supplies: none
- Played indoors
- Duration: 15 min
How to play two truths and a lie ?
Children write three sentences with information about themselves, however, one must be a lie.
So there are 2 true and 1 false information.
Then other children ask them follow-up questions to find out which statement was a lie.
You should ask questions that will provide a detail that will allow you to find which statement is false, while observing the reaction of the child who answers to see if there is any hint of a flaw in their answers or attitude.
You can introduce false elements into your questions in order to detect truth and lies. The group votes for the information they consider to be a lie, and at the end of each round, the person reveals which was the lie.
This is an icebreaker game that is played in teams and allows the group to get to know each other.It allows everyone, from the shyest to the most extroverted, to reveal themselves and discover real facts about their peers.
Tips for choosing your truths and lies
- Try not to tell your lie last.
- Try to use a truth that would be hard to believe but yet true to make it sound like a lie.
- Instead, use simple lies that could be quite believable.
- Don’t let your facial expressions give away your lie.
Good two truths and a lie game ideas:
- my father has his boating license
- I have 2 cousins
- I am left-handed like my mother
- I played tennis when I was a kid
- I have 2 cats and 1 dog
- I prefer cereals without milk
- I have eaten insects
- I love horror movies
- I am afraid of spiders
- I have broken my arm
- I have a tattoo
- I only sleep 5 hours a night
- I am shy
- I hate the smell of wine
- I don’t like tomatoes
- I skipped a class
- I play the piano
- I have met the president
- I ran the marathon
- I can’t swim
- I can juggle
- I have swum with dolphins
- I never dry my hair
- I have 2000 followers on instagram
- I don’t like chocolate
- I have traveled to 3 different countries…
The educational advantages of the game
- generates fun atmosphere
- Prepare students for collaborative group work
- team-building activity
- builds relationships and improves team cohesion.
- light-hearted and quite funny activity
- improves interpersonal awareness.
- Helps to create a relaxed environment where students share ideas and participate more fully in the class.
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!