Around the world is a basketball game where everyone takes turns shooting baskets from positions that circle around the basketball hoop. Each player must make a series of shots in a row in order to win. Kids need to let off steam and this outdoor game is a great way to do it. A basket and a ball and you can have as much fun as you want.
- number of players: from 2 children
- age: from 7 years old
- supplies: a basketball hoop and a ball
- Played outdoors
- Duration: 20 min
How to play Around the world ?
Select your “world spots” before the game starts. You want to make a small half-circle around the basket. You can have as many spots as you want.
Shoot from the first spot. All players play as individuals.
To move from one point to the next, players must successfully make the shot in their current position. When a player misses a shot, he or she gets one more chance to make it. The catch is, if the person misses again, that player must go back to the first spot and start over. You need at least two players. However, there is no upper limit on the number of people that can play. Want to improve your shooting skills? Then Around the World is your game.
There are a multitude of ways to modify this game. Other variations include:
- shooting with one hand
- allowing 3 or more chances to make the shot
- giving only 1 chance to make the shot
- this game can also be played alone for practice.
The educational advantages of the game
- requires agility and strength
- improves balance and cordination
- boots heart health
- opportunity to develop motor skills
- develops self-confidence
- encourages team spirit
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!