Bug hunt is an outdoor game to play as a group, perfect to easily animate a kids party with a fun and entertaining activity. It is a scavenger hunt that teaches kids about nature. Your own garden is a great place to start looking for wildlife, especially bugs.
- number of players: from 4 children
- age: from 5 years
- material: plastic toy bugs
- Played outdoors
- Duration: 20 minutes
Bug hunt rules
Provide some plastic toy bugs. Hide these little animals in your garden, around the house, in a park or any other place. Be careful that the children do not see you. When everything is ready, the leader announces the start of the game. The children will then have to hunt for bugs around the house and bring as many as possible. You can set an allotted time for the end of the game or wait for the children to find no more insects. Easy to set up, this game will allow children to spend a great time.
- You can assign points according to the insect found… The smaller it is, the more difficult it is to find and the more points it has.
- You can organize this game at night and the children will have to find the insects using a flashlight.
- You can hide special insects that will allow children to earn a privilege.
- This game can be made with other types of toys like fruits and vegetables, dinosaurs or farm animals.
The educational advantages of the game
- development of gross motor skills
- develops the sens of observation
- learn the name of bugs
- play in community
- learning and listening to the rules of the game
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!