Halloween Mystery box game
The Halloween Mystery Box Game is a popular Halloween Party game that will have players reaching into dark boxes to feel items like eyeballs, bones, guts and fingers.
This Halloween, prepare some mystery boxes. Will your guests dare to touch the organs of strange creatures? Hosting a birthday mystery box party is sure to be a hit with the kids. They love to discover with their hands substances they can’t see. Laughter guaranteed! Add a dose of holiday fun to your spooky gatherings with all our Halloween games.
- Number of players: from 4 children
- Ages: from 5 years old
- Materials: A few empty tissue boxes, Foam sheets, Colored or textured paper, Scissors, Glass or plastic containers to hold the “organs”.
- Played indoors
- Play time: 30 min
How to create your Halloween Mystery Box?
1. Cut out the bottom of the boxes.
2. Cover them and decorate them with the paper.
3. Cut out squares from the foam sheets. Using the scissors, make slits to fit your hand through. Glue them to the top of the boxes.
5. Place the “organs” in the containers and place the boxes on top.
6. Finally, watch the faces of the participants!
Halloween Mystery box rules
The mystery box game involves some preparation. Make your own boxes where you can hide objects to be discovered.
Form teams. The children take turns putting their hands in the boxes to try to guess the contents. Each player makes a guess and the game leader writes it down. When all players have made a guess for each box, the game is over. Each correct guess earns one point. The team with the most points is the winning team.
Halloween Mystery box ideas
The possibilities are endless! Imagine and find different ingredients and objects to put in your boxes. In each Halloween Mystery box, you’ll want to add a spooky or gross item. The person who put their hand into the box should think that they are feeling something really disgusting, while actually, it’s just a common item from your kitchen.
- dried apricots – ears
- peeled grapes or olives – eyeballs
- fluffy pipe cleaners – spider legs
- baby carrots – toes
- steamed cauliflower – brain
- popcorn kernels or elbow-shaped macaroni – teeth
- candy corn – vampire teeth
- peeled tomato – heart
- potato chips – crusts
- canned peaches – liver
- cheese sticks – fingers
- slivered almonds – nails
- melon slices – tongue
- wool yarn – monster hair
- rubber glove filled with flour – dead hand…
Let your imagination run wild when filling up the boxes.
Remember that you can add ketchup, cooking oil, or water to these items to make them even grosser.
Don’t forget to have some paper towels handy for clean up!
Make this game even more fun and scary! Also cut a hole in the back of the box. That way, you can catch their hand while they play!
The educational advantages of the game
- this game generates fun atmosphere
- it promotes rule-following: ability to follow instructions.
- improve their abilities to listen to others
- classify items by class
- make inferences
- synthesize information and draw conclusions
- It is a great way to develop concentration and focus
Discover all our games to easily throw the best party ever for your kids with our printable game kits!